Carl.

Default how to sharpen mini dike-cutters, nipper-cutters?

"Don K" > wrote in message
> "Alan Horowitz" > wrote in message
> om...
> > how to sharpen the mini dike cutters and nipper cutters used in
> > electrical & electronic work?
> >
> > They're too small to handle with jigs, and the blades don't even open
> > very widely. Yet, their utility is directly proportional to how
> > recently they've been sharpened/honed.

> Unlike scissors, the effectiveness of these cutters require a mashing
> action between two wedges that are perfectly parallel and precisely
> aligned with each other. If there are gaps, nicks, or misalignment
> they will not cut cleanly and you might as well throw them away.
>
> I've never known anyone to sharpen them. Removing material will
> only make the gaps bigger. I don't think they can be sharpened.

I suppose it's possible to sharpen the beveled portion, but do it so the tip
gets sharpened more and the very back end not at all, thus making a flush
closure, just with the handles squeezing a little more. That would be a
real PITA though and depending on the tool you might not have much room to
work with. I vote for toss it and get another.

---
Update your PC at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com