Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default chicken divan and...?

val189 wrote:

> What would you serve with the Chicken divan?
> Some version of potatoes, or can you suggest something more exciting?
> I need a do-ahead meal I can have ready to pop in oven.
> Also, for a side,how does a cold tomato-onion
> salad drizzled with EVO and some basil sound?

Hmm... where are you located? My recommendation varies depending on whether
it's winter or summer where you a

WINTER: If you're in the northern hemisphere, you might have a problem
finding full-flavored tomatoes this time of year. Try using grape tomatoes
or cherry tomatoes; they're probably the best you'll be able to find until
summer hits. To accompany chicken divan, serve roasted butternut squash
brushed with butter or walnut oil and sprinkled with toasted walnuts.

SUMMER: If you're in the southern hemisphere, then go ahead with the
tomato-onion salad; this is the best time of year for it. Accompany the
chicken divan with roasted yellow squash (or zucchini) with Parmesan.

Bob