Edwin Pawlowski

Default Tilia foodsaver does not suck good

"zak" > wrote in message
> I have tilia vacuum sealer. It does not seem to suck out all the air.
> Called Tilia and they want $50 to send it in for repair or replacement
> (they decide). It is out of warranty. Is there anything I can do to get
> it to suck out the air better? I have the compact model.
>
> TIA

Inside the case is a soft rubber oval ring that holds the bag. Be sure it is
clean and no gobs of dried stuff are on it preventing a good seal. If air
get past it, the sealer will not draw down the bag. Be sure it is in place
properly also.

Next to check is the bags. If there is a slight leak in the bag, it may
draw down some, but not all the way. Can I assume you've tried a couple of
different bags? I've not run into it, but I did hear of at least one person
that had a defective roll and the factory seal was leaking.

If you want to check the bags, place the already sealed side on the heating
bar and give it a seal on three sides. This should make a double seal in
case of a leaker. Then put something in the bag and see if it sucks it down
properly. If yes, it is probably the bags. If no, it is probably the
machine.

Next step is to open the machine and play with the pump, but I don't know
what, if anything, you could repair. At that point, invest the $50 for a
new one they will probably send you.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome