Kim Grauballe

Default Stronger Than Dawn Power Dissolver?

Being a doctor, and having seen some horrifying examples I couldn't agree
more.
The stuff just continues to eat it's way inwards in a manner many times
worse than acid.

I've used it myself many times, where it belongs. That is drain cleaning and
paint and varnish removal, but you have to take extreme care.The stuff is
almost explosive, when it starts working in other than small amounts. I'd
want a complete chemical protection suit, befor I'd plunge things like
grates and drip pans into a vat of it.

I know exactly what is meant by that burned glaze, although it's many year
since I cooked over gas. It's precisely that, which I find ammonia so
effective for.

Anyway I guess we'll just have to write it off as being due to a difference
in climate or something. None of us will have the time to do a major
cleaning operation in the kitchen over the next couple of weeks anyway.

Therefor I wish you and everybody else here a Merry Christmas and a Happy
New Year.

Kim.
"pduck" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Vox Humana" > wrote:
>
> > "Kim Grauballe" > wrote in message
> > k...
> > > Funny, it works a treat for me, could there be a difference in
> > > concentration?
> > >
> > > Still, you have to be pretty desperate to work with a saturated

soution of
> > > lye, I dont think anything in my kitchen has ever become that dirty.
> > >

> > When you have a gas range, eventually all your cookware gets a varnish

like
> > coating. The burner grates and drip pans along with the grill parts

also
> > get pretty nasty. I don't like to scrub my cookware with abrasives

because
> > they scratch the surface and that accelerates the problem. While I

don't
> > think I am compulsive about maintenance, I do like to bring everything

back