Old 23-02-2007, 01:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
ms. tonya ms. tonya is offline

Default I got sucked into buying chicken dogs.

(James)cried:
Bought a package of Bar S hot dog for $1.
I thought I'll try it because it had big "Made
with Chicken, Pork and Beef" on the package. At home
I read the fine print. Is contains more water than
pork, and more salt than beef.
So much for buying

If you don't live in Michigan go buy National Hebrew Hot Dogs, most
major chain stores carry this brand.
My hubby is a native of michigan raised on Koegel's from day one and
recently tried National Hebrew & said they were just as good.

I tried Best Kosher brand and wasn't impressed.