Vox Humana

Default Non-Stick that can be cleaned in dishwasher?

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message
> Somewhat an aside answer to your question, but:
>
> My dishwasher is sooo loaded with dishes; dishes are stacked up on the

sink
> ready to put into the next dishwasher load, I would never "catch up" if I
> added cooking pans - I'd have just a load of cooking pans. It's always
> amazing that people actually have room to put a cooking pan in also. Also

> couldn't get a stock-pot in, a spaghetti pot in, and I would't adjust my

top
> shelf each time I juggled these in just so I wouldn't have to wash a pan
> which I could wash in less time than it took to adjust my shelf.
>
> I agree that washing dishes by hand takes time, but I'd rather put in 10
> glasses than one pan. Does everyone have a bigger dishwasher than I do?
> Does not everyone have a dishwasher that takes over an hour to wash?

I would guess that 99.9% of all dishwashers sold are 24 inches. I think
that there is only one manufacturer that makes a 24 inch dishwasher and I've
never seen it on display in a store, only in catalogs/online. so, most
everyone has the same size dishwasher. (Ok, there are the newer dish
drawers, but even they are still unusual). Since there are only two of use,
my dishwasher doesn't get overburdened with dishes. I put the worst things
in the dishwasher and if there isn't room for everything I will wash a pasta
pot or non-stick skillet by hand. My rule is that if it won't survive the
dishwasher, I don't use it. The only exceptions are holiday dinners when I
use the fine china, crystal, and flatware.