Joe Doe

Default High BTU Gas and Electric ranges compared

In article >, Don Wiss

http://theinductionsite.com/

> Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

I think Induction is theoretically very good. However, I would like to
see what the performance of Induction stoves is in a standard boil test.
It would be very useful to have this data. Cooktek for example, compares
their 3.5 kW model at about 31,000 BTU, and their 1.8 kW model at about
16,000. Does this mean they assume a gas unit operating at 30%
efficiency or ? Hard data in terms of boiling times would make
comparisons a lot easier.

Does anybody know what pricing on single element induction units is
currently at?

Roland