Old 17-02-2007, 11:52 PM posted to alt.food.wine
Mike Hagley Mike Hagley is offline

Default TN:1990 Lynch Bages

Thanks for the info. I have two cases that I bought at a rural grocery
store in France when I lived there. They had it for 85 francs per bottle,
which at that time was about $15. I haven't opened any yet, but may just
have to do so soon.
"Bi!!" wrote in message
ups.com...
We were at a party last night and I tasted a lot of wines but this one
really stood out. I opened it upon arrival, decanted it and hid it in
a cupboard for an hour before tasting. It was still quite dark
reddish purple with a bit of pink at the rim. The nose was
straightforward Bordeaux with plenty of black fruit, tobacco, a bit of
barnyard and the usual trademark Lynch Bages horse blanket/wet dog
brett although in this case it was quite faint. The wine was rich on
the palate showing a ton of cassis, plum, and blackberry. A bit of
anise and espresso with a bit of minerality on the finish. Faily low
acid with plush, well resolved tannins. The wine will hold for many
years to come. Maybe one of my favorite vintages of Lynch Bages and a
wine that rarely disappoints. I solid "A" on the Dale Scale.