Posted to rec.food.cooking
KevinS KevinS is offline

Default Carlos Santana Starting Restaurant Chain - Huh??

On Feb 17, 2007, sf wrote:

> That's odd. *Sauced? *With what??? *Is this more of a tourist joint
> rather than a locals hang out? *Don't get me wrong, I like bernaise
> sauce on my steak, but I want to know it's coming.

Bearnaise was an option. However, I recall that the "default"
sauce was a pan reduction beef stock, red wine, butter type
of thing. My host had steak. I had halibut. It was a large
serving and very nicely prepared.

Hard to say what the composition of the crowd was (it was
definitely full). It wouldn't surprise me if tourists and out of
town convention visitors made up a large portion of the
customers.