Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
Victor Sack[_1_] Victor Sack[_1_] is offline

Default Easy home-made pizza (with picture). Eat your heart out.

pltrgyst > wrote:

> I don't. If it's flatbread, with traditional toppings (tomato sauce,
> mozzarella or parmesan cheeses, generally oregano, with or without a
> variety of other toppings, then I call it pizza.

Surely not just any flatbread? Shouldn't pizza crust mean something
more specific? After all, the crust is even more important than the
toppings. Surely you wouldn't call lavash bread even with those
toppings pizza? As to toppings, parmesan has never been at all
traditional, even if only because its melting qualities are very poor
indeed. Also, how about pizza al funghi, topped with mushrooms and with
no tomato sauce, no cheese of any kind, and no oregano?

Myself, I would surely define pizza as a certain method, first and
foremost.

> I just think that anyone who enjoys deep-dish or Chicago style pizza is
> mentally ill. 8 If I want that much tomato sauce and cheese overwhelming
> the crust, I'll have stromboli or lasagna.

Which tells me that you don't consider stromboli or lasagna to be a
pizza, either. :-)

> But then in my town, we have a hugely popular place that specializes in
> serving pasta on top of a pizza crust. Kids and families love it -- go
> figure.

Savages!

Victor