Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment
wff_ng_7 wff_ng_7 is offline

Default "Variable heat" electric range available anywhere?

"Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" > wrote:
> Well, traditionally stoves (or ranges) here in EU (certainly in Greece)
> have
> 3 elements for each hob, and a dial for each hob, that is numbered from 0
> 3 with 1/2 subdivisions(thus 0-1/2-1-11/2...)and the three elements are
> turned on and off, respectively.So, for full heat, all 3.For 1/2 set.the
> smallest one etc.

They used to have burners with multiple elements here in the USA, but I
think they disappeared by the mid 1970s. I have a catalog of home and
apartment repair parts that lists a few replacement burners that have two
elements in the burner. The listings for these say for GE through 1975.