Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment

Default "Variable heat" electric range available anywhere?

"Sam E" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:13:12 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:

>>> There are many possible explanations for this. Perhaps you just pay
>>> more attention when cooking on the woodstove. Perhaps the large flat
>>> iron cooking surface of the wood stove heats your pan more evenly than a
>>> coil element on the electric stove. Or maybe the cyclic temperature
>>> variations do matter. You haven't provided any evidence for the latter
>>> explanation.
>>>
>>> It would be interesting to measure the amount of temperature swing at
>>> the surface of your electric element as the element cycles on and off.
>>> Then measure it on the inside surface of the pan. I'll bet the
>>> temperature range is not very large.
>>>
>>> Dave

>>Coming to conclusions while missing 90% of the pertinent information is a
>>great American pastime, apparently.
>>

> That's normal. It's a lot easier to ignore 90% or more of what you
> heard, and make up stuff to fill the gap.

"Contrary to recorded weather data from 7 independent scientifical sources,
and reports from over 4,300 farmers, we has conclusiatious evidences that Mr
Al Qaeda is responsiblatious for the shortage of them brocollis from
California during the last past two or couples of weeks". - George W. Bush