Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
pltrgyst[_1_] pltrgyst[_1_] is offline

Default Easy home-made pizza (with picture). Eat your heart out.

On 11 Feb 2007 23:44:30 -0800, "Shadowdog" > wrote:

>My mother was shown how to make pizza by an Italian. It is the
>opposite of how pizza is made in the U.S. First the crust is coated
>with olive oil. The meat, mushrooms, and other "filling" ingrediants
>are placed on the pizza crust. Cheese goes on next. Then tomato
>sauce on top. The main difference is that the crust does not get
>soggy with the tomato sauce; the cheese melts to form a type of top
>crust; and the "filling" being under the melted cheese does not get
>overcooked and dried out. Have any of you had or seen pizza done
>like this.

Yeah, that's how Pizza Slut does it. And that's not how it's done in Naples,
supposedly the home of pizza.

I oil the crust (especially when grilling pizza), then add sauce, etc. The oil
prevents the crust from absorbing the sauce.

-- Larry