Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
Shadowdog Shadowdog is offline

Default Easy home-made pizza (with picture). Eat your heart out.

On Feb 11, 6:51 pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article >,
> (Victor Sack) wrote:
>
> > <Alan> wrote:

> > > Have a pizza stone in your oven.

> > > Turn the oven on high before you start assembling the crust
> > > and the ingredients, so that stone is HOT before you put the
> > > pizza on it.

> > Nonsense.

> > You can fill your oven full of stones and rocks and it still won't be
> > anywhere near 485°C (905°F) required to make traditional pizza.

> We just eat fake pizza. Works for us.

My mother was shown how to make pizza by an Italian. It is the
opposite of how pizza is made in the U.S. First the crust is coated
with olive oil. The meat, mushrooms, and other "filling" ingrediants
are placed on the pizza crust. Cheese goes on next. Then tomato
sauce on top. The main difference is that the crust does not get
soggy with the tomato sauce; the cheese melts to form a type of top
crust; and the "filling" being under the melted cheese does not get
overcooked and dried out. Have any of you had or seen pizza done
like this. Having grown up on it, I find traditional pizza inferior.