Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Ozzy Ozzy is offline

Default Thiamine (B1) Deficiency and Tea Consumption

"Shen" > wrote in
oups.com:

> http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...tural/patient-

thiamin.htm
> qjmed.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/55/1/15.pdf
>
> Shen

Thanks much, Shen, for taking the time. I thought you'd forgotten all
about it -- but then again I've been otherwise occuppied myself for the
last few days.

Considering what direction the thread took after you posted these
references, and your saying that you took a pot of tea a day yourself --
by which we know that you are *not* one of the people referred to below
-- let me remind the group of a passage from Mark Twain's
*Autobiography*, which I think is extremely revelant still:

"It seems a pity that the world should throw away so many good things
merely because they are unwholesome. I doubt if God has given us any
refreshment which, taken in moderation, is unwholesome, except microbes.
Yet there are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and every
eatable, drinkable and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady
reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get
for it."

Ozzy