Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Samartha Deva[_1_] Samartha Deva[_1_] is offline

Default inoculation

Dick Adams wrote:
> I'll claim some credit for popularizing the term "inoculation".
> if not introducing it, at r.f.s.
>
> But we have clearly gone over the top here. Inoculation
> means no more than introducing the microorganisms to
> the dough (or whatever else is to be infected with them).
>
> Where the dough is built by stages from the starter culture,
> it is the first stage that is inoculated. Following stages are
> feedings or refreshments. (A mother sponge is grown from
> inoculum once in its lifetime, and rebuilt thereafter by feedings.)
>
> Who am I to diddle the meanings of words? Well, if not
> me, who?
>
> Everything I am trying to say here, and more, is shown in
> pictures at <http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/dickpics/cmpd%5Fwthcurve.GIF>
> Inoculation there occurs once, at the lower left.

Ah - there on the left bottom:

AT&T Worldnet Accelerator, browse up to 5 x faster.

You may want to change that" browse" to "rise"

but what that's got to do with the phoneline is beyond my sourdough
understanding.

Page URL Not Found!!

The requested page does not exist on this server. The URL you typed or
followed is either outdated or inaccurate.

Type your search term above instead or try to click here
to let us help you find web pages you are looking for!