Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default LIST OF DISEASES CAUSED BY PORK

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> wrote:
>>>

>> ..............snip...........
>>

>> Pork, like other meats, is inspected for disease and parasites.
>> They no longer recommend that it be well cooked to kill the worms.
>>
>> BTW..... I trust that you realize that a lot of ocean fish,
>> especially cod,
>> have worms in the meat.

> ....and tasty mercury & other strange things we like to add to the
> water. I find that dioxin gives trout a lovely bouquet.

Remember that old SNL skit? Dioxin Dolly! (giggling)

If I heeded every single food warning I ever heard I'd have starved to death
by now.

OB Food: Stuffed pork chops. Cornbread crumbs with onion, garlic and
celery sauteed in butter then mixed with the crumbs until nice and moist,
stuffed into 1" thick pork chops. Baked at 400F for about 35 minutes or so.

Jill