Posted to alt.religion.the-last-church,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.restaurants
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default Easy McTarget

"Pete <(.¿.)>" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:36:05 GMT, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>>"Pete <(.¿.)>" > wrote in message
. ..
> [...]
m...

>>> Yes we do.

>>No, we don't.

> Oh yes we do.......

No, we don't.

>>> We need food to survive,

>>We don't need to survive, we WANT to survive.

> We need to survive. You're an idiot.

We don't need to survive, our survival is utterly unimportant in the scheme
of things, it is a personal desire. In fact if you really wanted to help the
planet you would kill yourself now.

>> Need is a weasel word used by
>>people attempting to impose an agenda on others.

> Caring is not an agenda.

Caring is a character flaw when you twist it to attack others with empty
rhetoric.

>>> that food doesn't NEED to be meat.

>>It doesn't NEED to be anything in particular, meat just happens to be a
>>food
>>category you dislike.

> Eating meat means destroying animals and the planet wilfully,
> forcefully taking the life of another sentient being. We don't need to
> do that.

Yes we do, all agriculture involves willfully destroying animals and
damaging the soil (earth). I grow wheat, an activity that places tremendous
strain on the earth and causes untold animal death. I hope you enjoy the
bread I produce, something incidentally, that you don't NEED.

>>> You can live on a wholly veggie diet, you cannot live on meat alone.

>>That's irrelevant, and false.

> You're an idiot.

Yet you're the one resorting to cheap insults.

>>> Keep wriggling.

>>You are misappropriating your personal DESIRE to have us all live a
>>particular way into a meaningless statement about "need". We don't NEED
>>do thousands of things we do, that does not mean we shouldn't do them.

> You want to self harm, fine, go jump in a lake. Don't drag us down
> with you.

That's a non-sequitur, your statements about "need" have been revealed as
empty rhetoric. Deal with that.

>>> We still know caring is good. You're the warped kind who think its a
>>> crime! Guilt does funny things to people I guess.

>>You're projecting. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they bang on people's
>>doors and pester them about The Truth because they "care". The *real*
>>"truth" is that like you they need to pester people to convince themselves
>>that they care, and they need to convert others in order to keep
>>convincing
>>themselves that they're not misguided. Nobody thinks caring is bad,
>>deciding
>>that you have a unique insight on THE TRUTH is arrogant and boring.

> You're an idiot.

Another pearl of wisdom from the purveyor of TRUTH.

> If your weird needs inflict harm on the rest of the worlds
> inhabitants, it's our business.

Fulfilling my desires causes harm, as does fulfilling yours. Stop making it
into a shabby game.

>>> The best things in life are. Try enjoying it for a change.

>>Some of the worst things in life are free, like warped ego trips.

> True

So do yourself a favour and stop it.