Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
ivdp ivdp is offline

Default Turkish Coffee - Is it good? Worth trying?

On 3 jan, 03:08, "tampaRoadie" > wrote:
> I enjoy espresso but I am reading "The Devils Cup" and it has piqued my
> interest in Turkish coffee. Is this worth trying? or is it likely that
> the Turkish coffee will not be preferable to espresso?
>
> Also, can you suggest a good Ibrik? Copper? Brass? Tin? Which one is
> good?
>
> For some background..I currently make espresso using a Rancilio Sylvia
> and homeroast using a Hottop. I have been homeroasting for a few years.

Secret of Turkish style coffee is the fineness of the grind, it should
be very fine indeed. Rather powder.
It is not possible to get the right fineness in a standard coffee
grinder (not even pro machines not designed for Turkish)

For some info how to make a Turkish coffee you might want to look
he http://www.gebrand.nl/Turksekoffie_eng.htm