Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Priscilla H. Ballou Priscilla H. Ballou is offline

Default TV dinners

In article 42>,
Sherry > wrote:

> "Anon" > wrote in
> :
>
> > Since my granddaughter went to visit her sister, I have been alone.
> > I usually don't have the ambition to cook a real meal just for me so
> > I have been eating a lot of TV dinners. Sometimes I add a salad to
> > the meal. I especially like the label that tells me how many carbs
> > are in the meal.
> >
> > I like the Stouffer's, Healthy Choice and Smart Ones brands because
> > they have lower carb meals.
> >
> > Anon

> WOAH! Are you T1 or T2? TV dinners are so high in carbs - even the
> lower carb ones are too high in carbs for me!
>
> It's not that hard to cook up a chicken breast and some frozen veggies
> and have a quick meal that way. If you have a cookbook that has
> recipes for two, then you will have *two* meals for the work of one
> <rbg>

I love my George Foreman grill to cook a boneless chicken breast to have
with a big pile of cooked frozen vegies. I often sprinkle the chicken
with seasoning (most recently, curry powder) before grilling it. From
the time I put on the kettle to boil water for the frozen vegies to when
I take my plate into the other room to eat it is about 20 minutes, with
most of that time spent listening to the radio while I wait for things
to finish.

The grill also works fabulously for boneless chops, etc.

Priscilla