Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Crisco for seasoning cast-iron pans

"Dee Dee" > wrote in message
> I don't have a lot of cast iron to be seasoned, but DH hasn't a knack
> for seasoning and without my supervision (tee hee), I wonder how many
> re-seasonings will have to be done before it comes out to MY
> satisfaction. :-))

Once seasoned, the cast iron is good for decades of use with no
re-seasoning. Find out what you are doing wrong and you never need Crisco
again. I just made pork chops in two pans tonight. They are at least 20
and 30 years old and have never been re-seasoned since new.