Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dick Adams[_1_] Dick Adams[_1_] is offline

Default inoculation

> wrote in message oups.com...
> i'd like to know what is meant by "inoculation?"

to inoculate means the same as to infect by admixing
infected substance with non-infected-. not everyone
would agree that it is a good word for bakers to use.
(but it is.)

> another question i've had is on the amount of final
> leavening agent (sponge?) added to the final dough.

let's say i dilute 1 oz. of storage culture to 2 lbs. of
dough. does it matter if i do it in several stages, like,
say, one part ripe culture to three parts other, or all at
once? would one to two be better, or one to four,
or one to five or ...? what is the right degree of ripe?

kkkkl;llllllssssss oops I don't think my caps key is working.