Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Crisco for seasoning cast-iron pans

I made the choice to buy Crisco for seasoning my cast-iron pans (vs.
olive oil, lard, etc), so I bought a large can of it at BJ's ($5+). I
will use it solely for seasoning and as I haven't used it in years,
and will probably keep the can of Crisco for years for this use, I'm
wondering whether to refrigerate it. I don't know if it turns rancid
(does Crisco turn rancid?) if it will make the cast-iron have a rancid
taste - Yuk!

Please don't tell me if I'm worried, to freeze it -- I won't do
it! :-))
Dee