H. W. Hans Kuntze

Default Chicken stock and stock pots

Fred wrote:
[...]
> Things are always subject to interpretation and interpretations vary wi=

dely.
> I once asked 4 chefs what the difference was between stewing and braisi=

ng
> and got 4 answers. Perhaps the distinctions don't really matter.

Yo Fred.

There are at least as many differences between stewing and braising=20
as there are differences between the interpretatation of "chef".

As long as anybody can have a license to kill and the customer does=20
not know or care, true, " Perhaps the distinctions don't really matter."

And as long as people pour water in the pan (as recently suggested in=20
rec.food.baking of all things) when roasting prime rib and can expect=20
to be taken seriously, I don't see things changing in a hurry.:-(
--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com ,
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"