Peter Aitken

Default Chicken stock and stock pots

"H. W. Hans Kuntze" > wrote in message
s.com...
Louis Cohen wrote:

> The meat vs bones distinction seems useful and plausible at least among
> professionals. But, is there a second authoritative source for it, other
> then our Chef Hans?

Of course Louis.

Chef Auguste good enough? Escoffier that is.

Le Guide Culinaire.

And most other professional cookbooks too. Semantiks to reduce
confusion, important for the pros.

I don't care if you guys call a table a chair, as long as nobody puts
glasses and butts on the same surface,OK by me. :-)
--

No, Chef Auguste is not good enough. The fact that an old French cookbook
makes the stock/broth distinction may be of interest to culinary historians

--
Peter Aitken