Peter Aitken

Default Chicken stock and stock pots

"H. W. Hans Kuntze" > wrote in message
s.com...
DawnK wrote:

>I finally got to use mine to make chicken stock tonight! I can't wait to
>make soup out of it tomorrow! I feel so accomplished. We also had REAL
>mashed potatoes with the chicken we had for supper prior to making the soup
>stock.

Just a little technicality, Dawn and congratulations.

If you had meat in there, you made a broth.

If you only used bones, you made stock.

Just thought you might like to know.

--

Actually this stock/broth distinction is a fiction. I do not know where it
originated but it is one of several "kitchen legends" that regularly surface

--
Peter Aitken