Posted to rec.food.restaurants
Golden California Girls Golden California Girls is offline

Default How is a food supply managed in a restaurant

Alan Moorman wrote:
> On 29 Jan 2007 23:11:54 -0800, "Caliph"
> > wrote:
>
>> On Jan 29, 9:24 pm, Golden California Girls >
>> wrote:
>>> Yes

>> Means? (I'm Confused
>> I take it to mean that food is pre-cooked. Am I right?

> They were teasing you.
>
> the short answer is that, in many restaurants, the food is
> cooked to order.
>
> And, in others, the food is pre-cooked and either kept warm,
> or is micro-waved when a customer orders it.
>
> It just depends on the quality of the restaurant.
>
> Alan

No. It means that is almost every place some of the food is made in advance and
some is cooked to order. Your plate may have some of both on it.

Example: baked potato. You dang well know that you aren't going to sit and wait
for this to be cooked up! Same with prime rib. The chef started it before you
were headed to the place! Same with soup. Even the salad, unless they are
using bag salad. Now if you order something like a hamburger, it cooks up fast
enough that it is made to order.

Asking this question simply means you have never cooked even in your own kitchen!