Old 29-01-2007, 11:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester Puester is offline

Default That pork roast

Dave Bugg wrote:

Gloria, I really like this one from Chef Juke over on alt.food.barbecue. I
leave out the rum 'cause I'm a tee-totaler.

Chef Juke's Raspberry-Chipotle Barbecue Sauce

NOTE: This is a slight variation on the classic Kansas City Barbecue sauce
from the KC Barbecue Association, for those who like their BBQ Hot & Smoky!

6 Tbls. packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup molasses
cup Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbls dark rum
2 Tbls yellow mustard
1 Tbls pure chili powder
2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 cup Chipotles en Adobo, finely chopped
2 cups ketchup
2 cups Raspberry Preserves (I use Wall's Berry Farm Raspberry preserves from
Costco)
Kosher or sea salt
Pepper

Thanks Dave. That won't be tonight because I don't have rasp preserves
at home today, but I have saved the recipe for later use.

gloria p