Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default That pork roast

On Jan 29, 9:19 am, Puester > wrote:
> Saturday night I made the pork roast from the recently posted here
> with a rub of fennel, garlic, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. I made
> a paste with olive oil before rubbing it on. I served it with roasted
> sweet potato wedges, asparagus, apple sauce and salad.
>
> It was delicious.

Yes, I think that's the one from "Great Food Without Fuss." Very
tasty indeed.

> We'll have the rest tonight as leftovers and I'm open to suggestions for
> a sauce to serve over it. Something fruity? Red wine-ish? Creamy
> doesn't sound right.

I've used a mushroom - marsala gravy/sauce with it. Just sauteed
mushrooms in butter with a sprinkle of flour, then a couple of
splashes of marsala. Good, but I'm not sure it's a good match for the
flavors of the roast..... -aem