Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Cinnamon roasted toast with lime marinated banana and yoghurt

Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen wrote:
> This is supposed to be a thai breakfast. I don't know about that, but
> it is refreshing nonetheless.
>
> Cinnamon roasted toast with lime marinated banana and yoghurt
>
> 2 bananas
> 2 tbsp light syrup
> 1 lime
> 4 ps toast bread
> 1 tbsp butter
> 4 tsp sugar with cinnamon
> 3 tbsp greek yoghurt or thick creme fraiche
>
> Stir together the syrup and lime juice with grated peel.
> Slice the bananas and marinate them in the lime mixture.
>
> Heat the pan, add butter and cinnamon-sugar. Roast the breadslices on
> the pan.
>
> Put the bread on plates, add yoghurt/creme fraiche, Place bananas on
> top and decorate with a buit of the lime syrup and sprinkle with
> cinnamon-sugar and perhaps a mint leaf.

Thais might use cinnamon but as I recall butter was not a big part of their
diet, nor was creme fraiche. Although we did have a cook whose 3 year old
son ate butter like candy... she had to hunt for it, though. Bananas, yes.
"Monkey" bananas (only about 3 inches in length).

Jill