Kate Dicey

Default Upright Freezer found!

Rick & Cyndi wrote:

> About $ 50 to deliver - at "their" (time-wise) convenience.
>
> Local dealers? What's that? Not here. I guess there might be
> about 5 within a 30 mile radius but no such thing as free
> delivery around here... I take that back, one of them a while
> back offered free IF your order was over $ 599.00. Sears is
> some-what local. About 25 miles. Rick and a neighbor moved into
> the basement without a lot of effort. We had ramps and our own
> dolly... If I wasn't getting impatient about getting it - I
> might have sprung for the fee... No biggie. It's in the
> basement and is probably cold enough to start loading it. I
> haven't checked the temperature yet.

OOOH, what a swizz! My local (town centre) shop may cost slightly more
than the edge of town warehouse operation (but not always!), but as they
charge for delivery and removal of the old appliance and the town centre
shop doesn't, it works out at about the same price. To keep the local
shop in business, I'll got with them! They are usually quicker and even
delivered my new washer 3 weeks early when the old one went bang ahead
of schedule! I didn't buy the fridge-freezer from them because they
couldn't deliver on Boxing Day and the on-line store could, for the same
price, including taking the old one away.

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk