Vox Humana

Default burned sugar on aluminum

"Kate" > wrote in message
m...
> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message

bottom

detergent

> > > Leave it to soak for a day or two - no boiling necessary. Sugar
> > > dissolves in water, after all. I got burned jam out of me ally jam

pan
> > > like this. Plum jam sticks harder than other sorts...
> > >

> > The problem is that it isn't sugar any longer.

> indeed it is not. what *is* it now? other than charcoal?
>
> scraping has helped but it sounds and feels terrible.

Yes, it probably is more charcoal than sugar. I wish I had a good
suggestion beyond scraping. If the pan is heavy you might see if a
sandblasting shop can clean it as a last resort. I have a SS pan that
burned in an oil fire. I have tried everything from oven cleaner to paint
stripper and nothing will remove the blacken residue.