Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Nabisco Ginger Snaps: Have They Changed?

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:59:59 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:

>I used to enjoy Nabisco Ginger Snaps but hadn't bought them
>for a few years. I recently bought a box, and I must say they
>are not very good. Have they changed? Is this a fluke? Does
>anyone have an ancient box of them, so we can compare
>ingredients? Unfortunately, I threw mine away!
>
>My observations:
>
>1. They are paler than they used to be.
>
>2. The top is slightly concave--and I don't remember that.
>
>3. They are VERY hard--and not in the same way that they used
>to be. They are UNPLEASANTLY hard now, and they do not soften
>to a decent texture as you eat them.
>
>4. They don't taste very gingery.
>
>I guess I'll either have to make some myself, or I'll go get
>some Triple Ginger Snaps at Trader Joe's.

Many things have changed for the worse. I'm beginning to feel like my
grandparents. I thought they were old and grumpy and always
complaining about how things had changed... not for the better. Well,
that's me now.... and apparently you too. Corporations are bought and
sold, profits need to be made. If the gingersnaps seem different,
then they are different. Corporate recipes change not for flavor, but
the bottom line.

--
See return address to reply by email