Vox Humana

Default Anyone seen / used the new Jennair Food Mixer?

"shipwreck" > wrote in message
> I saw it at the gourmet products show in May, and they started
> shipping this month. Just wondering if anyone had it, and if they
> liked it...as compared to the KitchenAid.
>
> I know the bowl is glass, which makes it heavy, and the size is only 4
> 1/2 quarts, which is pretty small.
>
> Thanks

I took a look at it on the JennAir website (www.jennair.com). I hope to god
that it is better than their ranges! Unfortunately after looking at the
website and the PDFs of the product information I was left with the
impression that the mixer is primarily a piece of sculpture. There as a 13
page product brochure that talked at length about the various color
available for the bowl and mixer, including what looked like faux tortoise
shell bowl. I couldn't find any discussion about the torque or power, not
even a mention of the wattage. Maybe I just missed that discussion but one
couldn't miss the hype about the design! They touted the electronic
controls. I have to admit that I find lights, push button, and LED displays
very attractive, but my experience has been that they are less reliable than
mechanical controls, especial when exposed to heat and moisture. I just
spent about $300 on a new controller for my JennAir range and another
several hours removing the old one and replacing it.

I was a bit taken back by the price ($359.00)! I think I would just add
another $90 and get a Magic Mill rather than buy a new, untested product
from a company that puts out lack-luster ranges. As for the design I can
only say that one person's masterpiece is the next man's Edsel!