Debbie Deutsch

Default Fairly large steamer rig needed

"Remsleep" > wrote in
hlink.net:

> I like to steam/smoke poultry in the Chinese style. Up to now I've
> been using my wok, but steaming seems to remove the seasoning one time
> in two. So, I'm looking for a steamer that will fit a duck
> comfortably. A pasta basket would work, but removing the bird from it
> is quite awkward. The bamboo steamers in my local Chinese groceries
> are too small, and they don't seem to carry the larger aluminum ones
> that I have seen.
>
> Anyone have any good ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Remsleep

Chinese supermarkets and restaurant supply places also carry aluminum
and/or stainless steel steamers that do exactly what you want. I have a
humongous aluminum steamer (three levels) that does what you want. Each
level is wide and tall enough to fit a bird. If the store that you shop at
doesn't carry the big metal steamers, try another or online. See this URL
for one example (price is higher than what I paid years ago):

http://www.wokshop.com/HTML/products...tier_alum.html

Worst comes to worst let me know and I will get and ship one to you for
what it would cost me to do so.

Debbie

--
Anti-spam advisory: The email address used to post this article is a throw-
away address. It will be invalidated and replaced with another if and when