Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Substitutes for Mushrooms?

Hello, Dave!
You wrote on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:52:35 -0500:

DS> Puester wrote:
??>>
??>> Why deprive the mushroom lovers? I'd just let them pick
??>> 'em out. Some people are too fussy for their own good.

DS> I may have told this story before, about a former coworker
DS> who came to work one night in a foul mood.
DS> His son worked with us too and spilled the beans about why
DS> the old man was in such a snit.
DS> My younger brother used to hate shrimp. I don't think he
DS> would even give a
try. One evening we went out for Chinese
DS> food with some friends and came
back with leftovers. He
DS> opened up one box and told me I had to try it. It
was the
DS> most delicious thing he had ever had in his life...... deep
DS> fried
shrimp.

It is surprising how conservative people can be! It took me many
years before I actually tried sushi that I love now and even
longer before I tried an uncooked oyster. It's only the price
that prevents me from pigging out on oysters too!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not