Posted to rec.food.equipment
Phyllis Chamberlain Phyllis  Chamberlain is offline

Default Dishwasher: GE Profile vs Bosch

"Mitch" <Mitch@...> wrote in message
> We're getting ready to upgrade some appliances, including the
> dishwasher. The dishes come out of our Kitchenaid dirtier than they
> went in.
>
> I'm considering the Bosch SHE/SHX 43C0, and the GE Profile PDW9980NSS.

The best dishwasher I ever had was a top of the line Maytag.

My daughter recently bought a low-end (but I think they're still $1000) GE
Profile dishwasher, model PDW8200 J10 BB. Do not get this one. I hate it.
There's no display to tell what's happening. It's more or less on/off.
It's exceedingly sensitive to the house water pressure and the dishes come
out dirty if someone's taking a shower or the washing machine is going.
It's also necessary to use "Added Heat" with "Normal Wash" which adds a half
hour time, but since the coil gets heated, it helps the dishes to dry
without having to use "Heated Dry." I like that. The good thing about this
Profile is that it's totally quiet. The Maytag was pretty quiet, but this
one is more or less silent. Maybe it's missing the gizmos that would
increase its water pressure internally. I don't know. There's no noisy
water sound, anyway.

Be sure to get something with a full digital display, showing cycle,
minute-countdown, etc. I really miss it. Here's this quiet monster,
washing for an hour and a half, and I have no idea what's happening!

I've never used a Bosch.

Phyllis Chamberlain