Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
The Galloping Gourmand The Galloping Gourmand is offline

Default Tortas de Cangrejo (Crab Cakes)

On Jan 24, 10:30*am, "Jack Tyler" > wrote:

> There isn't much yield from cooking whole crabs... which is the way I
> read this. *5 1/2 pounds of crab meat would be overkill... but 5 1/2
> pounds of whole (blue) crabs is very little.

I don't want to sound like a heretic, but how does imitation crab
taste, compared to the real thing? I know that it's fish, but does it
taste "right"?

I can buy imitation crab very cheaply, and I wouldn't have lock up my
cats while shelling real crabs. They go wild for crab meat...