Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
The Galloping Gourmand The Galloping Gourmand is offline

Default Tortas de Cangrejo (Crab Cakes)

On Jan 24, 12:11*pm, "Jack Tyler" > wrote:

> I grew up two blocks from Galveston Bay, on the Gulf of Mexico. *My
> sister and I spent our Summers (as 8-12 year olds) crabbing every day
> and bringing home wash tubs full of crabs. *We had them boiled, fried,
> in gumbo, etc. *

When I lived in an apartment, my downstairs neighbors used to smoke
crabs on their barbecue. It smelled like they were cooking old mother
boards, there was an odor just like burning selenium...

But, I have better memories of eating crab from when I was in the Air
Force in Florida. A local hamburger stand mixed something like Thousand
Island dressing with crab meat and served it on hamburger buns.