Posted to rec.food.equipment
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default Trash compactor and hot water dispenser?

Thanks to all for your opinions and the responses were quite unexpected.
Have to rethink this one for flipping.

I could see why you don't need a compactor but I have trash from tenants
whenever they move and without a compactor I need to make more trips to the
dump. So that's cost effective for me but perhaps not for a buyer. There is
very little electricity used as its only used couple of minutes a day.
Regarding reliability I had only one breakdown in 25 years and that was my
fault by not using it correctly. As for expensive bags, we get it from
Costco but don't even consider the price as we only use one bag per week.
Our cost for pick up service is expensive here and if your on the border
line between a large can and a smaller one, the compactor will cost
effective with a payback in a few years.

Now for the HW dispenser, it comes in 1/3 and 1/2 gallon capacities so its
more than two cups. My coffee maker has a build-in timer and grinder for
fresh beans and it automatically dispense a fresh pot of coffee first thing
in the morning. I couldn't tell the difference regarding the taste between
my coffee machine and the HW dispenser. But if you could than I admit that
would be an issue. My major gripe about the HW dispenser is it only last 3
years, 7 at most - the tank usually breaks down first like your hot water
heater.

Yes, I agree neither the compactor or the dispenser would make or break the
deal and maybe better with money spend in a better kitchen flooring or
cabinets - again I wonder if buyers could tell or appreciate the difference,
perhaps not. I just wanted to flip a quality house not like the one I
purchased a few years ago where everything looks good but falls apart in a
few years.

In any case, thanks again for a different perspective.