Posted to rec.food.cooking
pamjd pamjd is offline

Default Pressure cooker Beans and bacon

wrote:
> pamjd wrote:
> > Local butcher had a good deal on double smoked bacon ends. I saoked up
> > a pot of assorted dry beans and put them and some bacon ends, brown
> > sugar and dry mustard into the pressure cooker. These usually come out
> > very yummy but not at all like the "Soup Beans" over corn bread I had
> > while visiting Kentucky. Anyone have a recipe for traditional "Soup
> > beans?

> I never tried this. Do you brown the bacon first?

No I soaked the beans for about 4 hours. cut up some chunks of bacon
ends, I did trim off the big masses of lard, added btrown sugar, dry
mustard, salt, and about a tablespoon of catsup. So easy and came out
great. If they are too soupy after cooking I simmer them uncovered to
reduce the broth. Good luck .