Wayne

Default peas and thank you

sf > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 07:38:29 GMT, Wayne >
> wrote:
>
>> sf > wrote in
>> :

>> > Creamed tuna and peas on toast is comfort food for me.

>> Canned or frozen peas? Made with cream sauce or cream of something
>> soup?

> Always frozen PETIT peas for me. Can't abide the big ones
> because they remind me of eating canned peas as a kid.
> Yuck!
>
> I make a "cream sauce" which is just plain old bechamel...
>
> Make a roux of 2 T butter & 2 flour, slowly add a cup or so
> of milk (stir with a whisk), bring almost to a boil (stir
> occasionally), cover & let simmer on your lowest heat for
> 5-10 minutes. When you take the lid off, it should be
> thick. Add the tuna and peas, stir - the peas will thaw &
> heat up immediately. Spoon over toast. YUM!

Thanks. That's pretty much the way I make it but I add a splash of
Worcestershire sauce and a pinch of cayenne to the sauce. I usually use
the large frozen peas, but I like them. Hate canned peas! I'll have to
try the petite peas next time.

A friend once served this for lunch and made it with cream of mushroom
soup diluted a bit with milk. It wasn't bad.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.