Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default Folie a Deux Zinfandel

I agree that tastes are quite personal. Some of the folks I regularly
taste (cue for rant from you know who)with have stylistic preferences
quite opposed to my own, but I respect their tastes. Others I might
agree with in some regions, and not others. That's why looking at a
critic's points is pretty useless to me, while a combination of having
an idea of palate convergence AND actually reading the notes might give
one a clearer view.

Of course, beyond style, there are issues of quality, too. I've seen
"Claret-styled" used as an euphemism for "anemic" - within all styles
there are some wines that are better (for my tastes) than others.