sf

Default peas and thank you

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 07:38:29 GMT, Wayne >
wrote:

> sf > wrote in
> :
>
> > On 2 Jul 2004 09:56:01 -0700, (Karen
> > O'Mara) wrote:
> >
> >> Or creamed salmon and
> >> peas on an English muffin.

> > Creamed tuna and peas on toast is comfort food for me.

> Canned or frozen peas? Made with cream sauce or cream of something soup?

Always frozen PETIT peas for me. Can't abide the big ones
because they remind me of eating canned peas as a kid.
Yuck!

I make a "cream sauce" which is just plain old bechamel...

Make a roux of 2 T butter & 2 flour, slowly add a cup or so
of milk (stir with a whisk), bring almost to a boil (stir
occasionally), cover & let simmer on your lowest heat for
5-10 minutes. When you take the lid off, it should be
thick. Add the tuna and peas, stir - the peas will thaw &
heat up immediately. Spoon over toast. YUM!