Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Grilling turkey burgers?

Mitch wrote:

> I just put together some ground turkey burgers, but they're really
> soft and squishy. Think they'll hold up on the grill?

Ideally you want to put them over very high heat to get a good initial
crust on each side and then move them to the side and close the grill
for a few minutes to finish cooking them on the inside.

Gas grills typically have trouble getting the high heat you want to
start. If you don't have that high heat to start they are much more
likely to droop between the grill bars. If you can't get the high heat
you can cheat and use one of the fine add on screens used for vegetables
and small items since they will support the burger better. If you use
the sub grill make sure it preheats just like the regular grill.

Whatever you do don't press on the burgers. I like to use Bell's poultry
seasoning in my turkey burger mix and cranberry mayo is a nice
condiment.

Pete C.