Posted to alt.food.wine
Godzilla[_3_] Godzilla[_3_] is offline

Default Folie a Deux Zinfandel

Last night, we made a simple marinated broiled flank steak with hash brown
potatoes, and asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto, sprinkled with grated
Asiago and good Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Not bad, if I do say so. ;-)

With it, I opened a Folie a Deux 2003 Amador County Zinfandel.
I was impressed with the forward plum and cherry nose and the pepper and
spice overtones. The body was almost syrupy, with glycerides running down
the glass. On the Davis scale, I would give it a 17 plus.

I am constantly amazed at how many styles are being created from the
Zinfandel grape. The only ones that I actively dislike are when the
winemaker attempts to reproduce a Claret. Why? why? Why?

Humming birds and ducks are both members of the aviary family.
Yet, I haven't seen too many ducks fly non-stop across the Gulf of Mexico
or Humming birds swimming in a lake.

Godzilla