LIMEYNO1

Default I need Tilia foodsaver lessons

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > wrote in message >...
> I have a Tilia Foodsaver but so far, I've only used it for cheese (I buy
> big--by Japanese standards--blocks at Costco, cut them up and Tilia them).
> Today I bought a large amount (by Japanese standards) of ground beef and
> some ribs and need to divide them up and freeze them. Can I wrap portions
> in plastic wrap and then Tilia them? Or would that defeat the purpose of
> using a Tilia? It would be easier for me to remove the portions if they
> were wrapped in plastic wrap first than if I put the meat directly into the
> Tilia bags. Any suggestions for other ways to do this?
>
> rona

I have been using a tillia for quite a while. When in Florida in
February last February, I upgraded to a more functional one.

I use it for everything. For ground beef, I make 1/4 lb patties and
freeze them on a tray, then vacuum seal them. That way I can use them
for burgers or take out 4 for a stew or chili but don't have to thaw a
whole pound for 2 burgers.

I've gone off using them for cheese because we go through it so fast
anyway and when using the bags in the new machine take up more waste
with the way it seals.

Mom Peagram