Katra

Default Unrefrigerated ground beef

In article >,
"Vox Humana" > wrote:

> "Ken" > wrote in message
> > I purchased a pack of ground beef at the grocery store, packed in the
> > standard styrofoam/shrink wrap package. Circumstances prevented me from
> > getting the beef into my refrigerator for 12 hours - it spent a fairly

> cool
> > Seattle evening in my car last night. This morning, it passed the smell
> > test. I'd appreciate some opinions on if the meat is good/bad.

> Pitch it. Ground meat is the most likely type of meat to be contaminated.
> A week in the hospital hoping for a quick death is far more costly than a
> package of ground beef.

Excellent point. ;-)
It's a point I keep having to tell my dad when I want to pitch old food
to the chickens...

I've finally convinced him that it's cheaper to replace the food than
deal with the hospital bill!

My chickens love raw ground beef. I've given them stuff out of the
freezer that was freezer burned. :-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...