Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus Nonnymus is offline

Default Thoughts on Bradley Smoker-smoke ring

I have a pet theory about smoke rings in meat, but will defer to the
wisdom here in the newsgroup. My theory is that the smoke ring is not
caused by smoke, but rather carbon monoxide given off by the incomplete
combustion of the wood or charcoal. If you have ever seen a person who
died from carbon monoxide poisoning, you would understand what I am
saying. They have a deep red, purplish color- a nice "smoke ring," so
to speak. Someday, if someone has a cylinder of CO, it might be fun to
place a Boston Butt in a trash sack outdoors and flow in CO for a few
hours to see if the meat gets a "smoke ring."

Based upon my pet theory, I bet I could do this with my Bradley and a
cylinder of CO, but am to lazy to give it a try.

Nonny

--
-Nonnymus-

Please stop Californicating Nevada

In the periodic table, as in politics,
the unstable elements tend to hang out on
the far left, with some to the far right as well.