Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus Nonnymus is offline

Default Thoughts on Bradley Smoker

I believe you are correct. I think that the on/off cycle is switched as
a function of the temperature inputs, and thus is "proportional," so to
speak. Rather than heating up until a temp is reached, then allowing
the hood to cool down until more heat is needed, the Power Raptor
switches on (or off) more or less frequently, depending on the need for
heat. It's an on/off equivalent of a rheostat, so to speak. That should
give a lot tighter control of the temperature in the hood. With the
Digital Bradley controls alone, I generally see about +- 5f swing around
the setpoint. That's no big deal, but what the heck. <grin>

I'm sure that I could also build something that would work, but having
no parts on hand, I'd have to locate and purchase everything. To me, if
someone has already built what I (think I) want and it's not
unreasonably priced, I'll just get it and be happy.

Nonny

--
-Nonnymus-

Please stop Californicating Nevada

In the periodic table, as in politics,
the unstable elements tend to hang out on
the far left, with some to the far right as well.